Letter to Reiko #55 Durban Times and Your Funny Words

Friday, January 29, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-

Hi Ko!!

I shall put this pic of you first because you just simply crack us up these days... your funny faces, your tone of voice that is hard to describe. Mummy wish I can record every conversation and the things you say.. but once I want to do that, things will not be natural, so I have to commit it to memory... :) Anyway this was you on the boardwalk. We were walking to the beach at the town of St Lucia.


Ok. here officially starts our journey to Durban on British Airways! It was a short 2 hour flight from Cape Town.


On the second day, we went to take the skycar to see the sight of the whole city. You and Daddy.. you were still trying to pose with your fingers.


What a tall man! We were outside Ushaka Seaworld. It was a hot and sunny day.


This man was standing nearby in Ushaka Kids world. I was asking you if you think he is real when he walked over and carried you. You were very calm and just posed for a photo with him.


This was at our Hluhluwe Safari.


We stayed at the hilltop resort. From our balcony, there were many monkeys climbing all over the trees. I held you as you sat there and watched the monkeys.


A nice picture of you daydreaming in our resort. Hehe. I wonder what you were thinking about.


One of the highlights at the Safari was that you and Kor drank coke each and you were squealing with delight. I think you can only have coke once a year. :P


We were having breakfast at the Safari. This view was breathtaking. We saw buffalos walking past. It was hard to believe they are just across us and separated by a short barrier like this.


This time as a whole family!


The drive to the top of the resort took about half hour from the main entrance. When driving down, we saw two herds of buffalos..


A visit to a cheese farm! Mummy loves such decor like these.



At this farm, we milked a goat and both of you also played with the dog there.




Mummy was more worried for you jumping on the trampoline cos you are pretty unstable. I can relax more when you can lie down like that. 


The following day, we went out of Durban and headed to St Lucia, a hippo town. This town has hundreds of hippos. We took a boat cruise along the Umfolozi River and saw a few groups of hippos lying together. You were really interested to look at the hippos and was so happy.

At night, these hippos would come on land and walk among the streets. Indeed, we saw one from our van when we drove back from dinner.


You and gong gong taking a stroll together! We were going to the beach near St Lippo. We saw crabs and deers along this path.


Running to Daddy!



Whilst walking back to our van, Mummy carried you. You suddenly asked, "are you happy with me?" I said yes and asked if you were happy with me. You said "yes, I also want to take care of you and protect you." It was funny, I didn't know what made you say that. Was it because it was a little dark and you thought I was scared like you? But you were always the sweet one, always saying "can you be happy with me?" when you make me angry. No one could be angry with you for long. When I told you we have to love Mother Nature, you told me, "And daddy nature, brother nature, gong gong nature, mama nature?" :)