Crafts #12 Basket Weaving (An Easter Idea)

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-

I was looking for another idea for Easter and found an idea that is pretty feasible. Nowadays I am pretty limited in time, even though the children are schooling. I would do the housework, bake, cook on alternate days and plan materials for the kids. Or meet friends. So I thought this was pretty easy. I didn't do it as precise as I wanted but I thought it served the purpose. First, I cut out the shape of the basket and cut strips on them like this. I also prepared strips of paper of two colours.


First, I had to stick one end of the strip to the basket so it would not come out. Imm loved to weave it through like this. After he finished, I would stick the other end of the strip to the basket. For the next strip, just put it in an alternate way to weave so it would look like the basket at the end of the post. :)


I cut out the shape of the handle before laminating it. Imm wanted to cut it himself after I laminated it.


Ko need more help in terms of weaving. I thought her a new word "alternate". I would tell her to help me lift up the alternate piece so I can weave the paper in and she would follow instructions after I demonstrated.


Both very pleased with their products! You can put pics of Easter eggs. I have not got round to doing it yet though Easter Sunday is over.:) But I intend to do an addition/subtraction/division game of sorts for the fun of it.


How the baskets looked like: