Letter to Immanuel #64 Started Swimming Lessons and On Developing Gratitude

Wednesday, April 06, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-

Hi Imm!!

Swimming has become one of your favourite activities though we have only been to swim twice in Cape Town. Mummy was quite eager to find you a swimming coach and we were supposed to start in Mar but somehow things just couldn't match for the time and location. Well, I believe that if you want something with all your heart, things will just turn out somehow. True enough, I found out that grandpa's friend's son is a swimming coach and things got started! We arranged for a time and you went for your first swimming class on 3rd April at Yio Chu Kang Swimming complex. You really enjoyed yourself and at night, you told me "Mummy, I really like swimming and I am thinking about it now." :)



Sometimes, when the coach told you to sit there and wait for him, you would start pressing the float into the water to do your little experiments and I would be so afraid that you would just fall into the water when the coach was not looking. It is just so worrying for me.. :(


This is a scene when both of you are relaxing nicely.. and Mummy too!


Your friend Ashton that you loved to play with! :)


Doing more complex work with you now. It is a bit hard to get you started but you will focus when you are at it. :)



Monkey game! One is an addition game and one is to prevent the monkeys from falling as you remove the sticks. Mummy always try to find some family activities that we could do together for family bonding.


On Sunday, we went to Aunt Isabel's place and you played with Jun Feng. You always needed time to warm up. You also took a nap there before we left for our swim.


Recently, teacher Lynn told me that you were very sweet. There was once when she was leaving school and you said, "Bye Teacher Lynn, thank you for teaching me letter N". Mummy was so happy to hear that.. knowing that you can say thank you spontaneously.. I have always tried to cultivate the spirit of gratitude in you.. eg if popo cooks a nice meal, you should say "thank you popo for cooking." etc. Looks like it is working. I am so proud of you my boy! :)