Letter to Reiko #123 Your First Ballet Recital

Sunday, June 04, 2017 0 Comments A+ a-

Hi Ko!!

You had your first dance recital last week. You were dressed in the recital dress for rehearsal and mummy tried to bun up your hair... hmmm I am definitely not very pro!! hahha.. you loved dressing up but is not so comfortable in putting make up....



This was you on the actual day. Teacher said don't need to bun up your hair... so just left it like that...


Mummy was soooo happy to see you on stage!! I felt that you were so brave!!!!! Hee, you kept looking to the side at the girl beside you though... was it because the front was so overwhelming with people looking at you? But I think cos you weren't sure of the steps.. hmm but anyway it is your first time and Mummy's expectations was just to see you being calm on stage and do your best!



Yay this is the part where you looked the most confident. Mummy hopes you continue to be like this. I also took note to practise more with you as you continue on...



Cherrise Jie took part in many of the dances. She looked soooo good!!! :)


She won some awards.


Cherilyn Jie Jie was fantastic. She took part in many dances and then also won for the best character. Auntie Jenny must be so proud of her. I would be too if I was the mother. You can win for your skills but character matters most... to perservere in something. Mummy hopes that I can continue to motivate you to scale to greater heights. I must definitely be very hardworking too! :)


Mummy took pics of the pamphlet for Souvenir's sake... :)





Oh yes! Our catepillar has turned into a moth! I guess the process of metamorphosis is something that I always keep in mind. That the product is always the sum of its parts. :) I must continue to bring out the best in you. Yet at the same time, I must remind myself not to place my own expectations on you... but is tough... there are definitely expectations and I must know how to regulate them :)


Baking on Sunday! We tried to cook the muji pancakes and added in chocolate chips. You are sooo gd at posing huh!


Stirring the batter with Imm...


Tada!