Our Bangkok Shopping Trip

Thursday, December 10, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

We hardly leave our kids behind so it was a bit hard to pull myself away this time. Especially when we are always back in Spore for only a short time. But this time, as hub had a meeting there, we thought we could sneak away for a short 3 days to recharge ourselves. No doubt it is tiring tugging along 2 kids all the time and 1 not being very easy.. guess who? :P


This was the place we stayed at : Amari Watergate... which is just opposite our favourite.......






Platinum Mall!


When we got there, we took a walk to Central Mall and unleashed our ravenous appetites. I am always so in love with the thai milk tea and hub had his pad thai.





I had dinner by myself at the foodcourt in Platinum Mall. This is so simple and satisfied my craving for beef ball noodle soup. I like especially the peppery taste of it.


On the second day, hub had a meeting and I walked around by myself. It is really quite therapeutic to spend time alone, shopping for the family when it comes to clothes, shoes etc. Totally heavenly not to have anything on your agenda except shopping.




Dinner was at Thai on 4 which was in Amari Hotel itself. Noodles with chicken curry. It tasted so good.


Met up with our Singaporean friend who used to work in Cape Town! Food at Coffee Bean By Dao at Central was awesome! His wife is a local thai and recommended this place. Another place to try out is called AfterYou which is also in Central Mall.



On the last day, we had phad thai again! And had our massage at this place called "Number One" near the hotel. Apparently, it is really popular. We forgot to take pics as it was too awesome. The place was brightly lit and does not feel like a dingy massage place which a lot of places there are.


On our way back!


I guessed I loved it as the shopping places are all within reach. I just needed to walk a lot, which I love! I guess I really miss walking... :) And it has all my favourite spicy food, cheap massage. A totally happy mummy when I got back!