Letter to Immanuel #102 Making a Terrarium and Ginger Cookies

Monday, January 09, 2017 0 Comments A+ a-

Hi My dear Imm!! It has been a week since the year started.... :) And this year you are turning 6! I guess what really struck me was that you are going to Primary 1 next year... I saw Auntie Joan's photo of Darryl.. of him attending SJI and I was thinking I would probably cry my heart out next year.. seeing how much you have grown :) Mummy hopes this year I can continue inculcating good values in you... do you know that many times in my heart, I am thinking what a sweet boy you are?:) You are smart in the way that you know what we would expect how you would behave and would tell us "you did so and so", expecting us to praise you. You do funny things, like react how a Magicarp flips (like an almost dead fish) in the Pokemon game and do funny Gangnam styles. You are funny in your own quiet way. And I have also mentioned how you would tell me "Mummy, I love you, have a good day at work" daily before you go to sch etc. All these makes me swell with pride on knowing how much we have tried to make all these a part of you... loving and having gd values. Right now, Mummy is working on your confidence.. therefore Taekwando.. hoping you would be "louder" :) Anyway this was a pic of us on the 2nd day of the year... doing a terrarium. You spent yesterday at ma-ma house and I brought Ko out. I thought this day, we would just spend a family day at home, having bubble baths, making cookes and doing this art and craft. :) Furthermore, you always wanted to "grow" things these days!


Laying the papers and cutting the wrappings...


Scooping the sand in with Ko and spraying water inside.


Ko also enjoyed doing it very much... haha...


side view... we added the rabbit and the mushroom.


Actually the Chia seeds and wheatgrass seeds starting growing when I am writing this blog now... I shall take a pic of it for my next post! Hopefully our family life will continue to blossom in a lovely environment like these seeds. haa... trying to make an analogy on the beginning of the year :)

 Guess what!!! Mummy also made gingerbread man and other shapes... purely because I got all the ingredients but didn't have time during Christmas... wahhahaa... anyway both of you and Ko do like! And both of you would eat the legs first so gingerbread man cannot run away! :P My emphasis for this year is to have more energy for more bonding time with both of you. :)