Teaching Ideas from Magzter

Thursday, November 26, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

These two weeks have been a pretty busy week for me, with visitors. This gives me very little time to think of ideas or to make materials for the kids whether it is of teaching/cooking. Thus, I have only been updating on the letters.

I have been subscribing to Magzter for a couple of magazines (for almost 2 years?) since I need my precious local magazines to keep me sane. I was joining a contest and since it said I could have a trial of Magzter Gold for a month, which gives me access to 3000+ magazines, I just accepted. I saw interesting kids magazines, especially those of KIDS Explore and Asian Geographic Junior which strike an interest in me. After downloading them, I screenshot those I like on my ipad and printed out the worksheets. I liked how the magazines had themes. I could do simple passages like the one below with Imm as they are stories he enjoyed...



Or focused on themes regarding the Earth and planets.


I printed out the chart myself because all these are in the deep recesses of my brain now.


The one below is on healthy eating and I introduced word games like word searches for him.


Overall, I like how the worksheets are colourful so that it does not look too boring and I can input different things. Even on days when I am too lazy to print, we would just read the magazine on the ipad together and see different stories, Ain't that great? It also gives me idea of themes I can focused more on to teach. :)