Letter to Immanuel #56 My Scientist Boy is Growing Up

Thursday, February 04, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-

Hi Imm!

This week, Mummy realised something.. when you are angry, you like to tear things. When you were in the car and I went to get some stuff, you tore your paper up when Daddy said you cannot accompany me. When you wanted to do your art and craft and Mummy said "no, we will do it after having our dinner", you tore up the art and craft (cat). We were very shocked and punished you. You apologized and ask me to paste the cat back after that. Yes, these were the little things that made us try to discipline you on..... When Mummy bought you a shirt and you didn't like it, Mummy had to teach you to say "thank you" and not say, "I don't like it." I asked you if you would be happy if you bought something for me and I told you in the face that I don't like it. Just wanted to convey to you that it is the thought that counts and to appreciate people thoughts... for people are more important than things.

Anyway, this was the art and craft cat that we did at the end! Mummy tried to help you, put glue and fold etc but you told me,"is ok, Mummy, I know how to do it." and you did it. I guess I have to get used to more moments like this. :) Letting you do on your own now.


We did our Valentine's Day art and craft. You always love art and craft, just like me, so no matter how busy I am, I will try my best to put in these activities for my boy ok?



And your waterplay activity after that. You also make Ko very interested in water play. You would use the cotton balls to soak up the coloured water, squeeze with the dropper... pour here and there, for the longest time.


A happy picture with Daddy


This term, we started a science activity class for you in your school. Too bad we could only attend 4 sessions but I realised how much you like Science... so Mummy will try to read up and plan little simple things we can do. You absorb like a sponge and will describe what the teacher taught like concepts of gravity. May you always stay inquisitive.. The world is your science playground......