Letter to Imm #145 Primary One Orientation

Friday, November 10, 2017 0 Comments A+ a-

Hi Imm!!

This was your last piece of art work at Heart Studio. Mummy and Daddy decided to stop as we wanted to try out other things. Sometimes it is also abt the financial costs... I think one of the best things we invested in was an art education. Besides Chn, mummy felt that you were doing well in the other academics, thus I focused on art, music, swimming.... you really loved art and Kudos to the teachers at Heart Studio. We shall look out for their holiday programmes too! It had definitely made you more creative, more persevering and focused... which was what Mummy wanted.


You decorated a card for Ma-ma yourself! :)


And a most important event - Primary 1 Orientation!!


Our first stop was at the art room.


The question was "how are you feeling today?" I think the picture says it all right? :)


We looked at Science Lab at the science room.


And at the Hydrophonics garden, we brought some spinach home! The person said that it would survive only for a few days but after a week now it is still growing well!


This will be your new class - 1 Joseph.


Meeting some new friends.... you were really shy and kept reaching out for us as we were sitting nearby.


Imm, I guessed it is not only a huge milestone for you but also for Mummy (and Daddy?) hehe.. I guess Mummy is the more emotional type. I would have to constantly tell myself to let go. Maybe cos you were my first born. And I think I would cry buckets at your graduation concert. Gosh. But I am happy.. I think you are matured for a P1 and I have absolute trust you have no problems adjusting though we will always be here for you and we would keep telling you that.

You are able to read well, in fact you have been reading my phone messages; you love maths and comprehend story sums, you loveeee science and told me you want to be a scientist, all we have to do is to focus on Chinese. :P

Suddenly, Mummy remembered you at K1, just when we came back from Cape Town. I was so worried because the school culture is so different and you would talk in an accent to your Caucasian friend Alex. You also told me you did not want to go to school after 2 days. I cried also because I was afraid you would need some time to adjust. Yet 2 years from now, you love school and told me you want to go to school early everyday. Mummy is happy that despite a "shy" nature (cos you always tell me you are shy), you are sociable, friendly and kind. :) I have no doubt you are going to enjoy the Primary School Life. Well, we will continue to overcome this milestone together just like how we have done so many times in these past 6 years.