Pretend Play : I am a Postman!

Tuesday, September 08, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

I wanted to do an activity which will expose the children to learning more about their world. And since I have been collecting our Happy Meal Boxes (remember we needed to purchase our family of minions?) Think recycling: we need to conserve for future generations.Thus, I finally brought to life this idea that has been at the back of my mind.... be a postman!! Later on, I used these boxes for another phonic activity for Ko which I will share later.

I cut away one part of the box and stick a cardboard base to it. I created some fake names and addresses with the flag at the corner. Then I stuck it to one side of the box. At the top, I cut a slit so that the children are able to insert their postcards in. I had six countries : Korea, Australia, UK, US, China, Vietnam and South Africa.


Stuck the boxes on the wall using blue tack.


Then, I created the postcards using foam. Initially I wanted to fold paper to make envelopes as I was lazy to find envelopes here. Some stationery are just impossible to find in Cape Town. Suddenly, I remembered I had these foam paper. Perfect! It is more hardy as well.


Ko enjoyed matching the flags. She got mistaken at times for the US and Australian flag but otherwise she could match. And she inserted the postcards well.



Imm would try to read the names of the addressees. :)



Then I further input using this ELC puzzle which my good friend gave. It was rather good because it had two layers.


One was the continent.

Then you could break it down to the countries. Imm would fix it himself.


Then, we looked at the map together!