Vredenhof Organic Estate

Tuesday, September 01, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

We went to Vredenhof  Organic Estate over the weekend and I was simply amazed by the playground of this place followed by the organic food and also our lunch.

Look at that! A pirate ship! 



There was also a treasure chest which Imm was super fascinated with... when he was alone, he kept scooping up piles of gold (sand) and pour it into the gaps below the ship....


This was Ko's new love... the seesaw now, apart from the swing. There were hardly any good seesaws with a good support at the bottom at most playgrounds we went to...


We had bolognaise...


And duck pasta... I saw that the noodles were freshly made.... means they hand made their noodles? I miss the duck noodles back in Singapore and duck at restaurants is rare here... but this was simply great! Melted all my nostalgia.


Ko loving the noodles.


A castle!


Let's climb up!!! Let down your hair, Koko...


We spent almost  the whole afternoon here. After lunch, the kids continued playing on the slides and then later played with the sand.


While the kids were playing, I took sometime to look at the organic food market. I bought some home made butter that has no preservatives. They had organic food like carrots, potatoes and vegetables. Organic food simply appeals to me as processed foods have so little nutrients. We are after all, what we eat. I try our best to reduce the chemicals in our lives. We cannot avoid but we can reduce and this is a great place to start! I was telling hub that this is one of my favourite places in Cape Town.... :) You can be sure we are coming back again!

The children had the time of their lives!