Cooking Lesson #1 Making Cheesy Omelette with Imm

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

I have always wanted to do a cooking session with Imm as I realised he really enjoyed seeing me cook and bake. At times, he would help me stir or mix the flour and ingredients for baking together. He is also a very hands on boy. I have been looking out for cooking classes but there wasn't any due to timing so far. Then.... I chanced upon this cookbook at the bookstore and decided it has to be me to impart the cooking skills to him. After all, cooking is really a life skill which is essential. This is not a cooking blog post so I didn't put up the recipe. This is going to be a 4 part lesson twice a week.... hahaha.... my new project.


As I browsed through the recipes, this had to be the easiest.


I just needed to prepare cheddar cheese, eggs, butter, salt, pepper, milk.


He helped me to break the eggs. He will only make a slight crack in the egg so I would help him.


I added the bit of salt for him cos I am afraid he would put too much. Hehe... Then I taught him how to use the pepper grinder.


Then, he helped me to whip the ingredients together.


He was super happy! :)


He poured the egg mixture into the pan and checked to make sure it became less runny...





Then we putted in half of the cheddar cheese on one side of the omelette.


At the end, I helped to put the omelette on a plate, folded it and we sprinkled the remaining cheddar cheese on top.


Thank you for reading my blog post! A happy face for you!!

At the same time, I taught him not to touch the hot part of stove and he will tell me the handle of the pan will not be hot etc. Little observations like these would be made. Looking forward to our next lesson! :)