La Motte

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

Life is always full of surprises and even for the simplest events. Initially, we wanted to go to a playarea for kids which I had seen in the kids magazine. It was a pretty long drive and we were disappointed that it was not open as the magazine said it was opened on Sundays. We decided to drive for 30 mins to another place which we had went to before. Halfway through the journey, we passed by La Motte. Hub heard that it was a popular place, thus we decided to "risk" it for lunch as it was already 1 pm plus. Why risk? Our kids are no good at sitting at the adult table for long, thus so far, we only go for long "more expensive" lunches when we have guests. Or else we are just simply happy having short lunches (sometimes with finger food) and watching them play. Yes, weekends are always for them. If you think about it, it is also for us, when kids are happily engaged, adults then can truly recharge. It was a pleasant surprise on the activities this place La Motte had.

It had a painting corner! This was pretty unique compared to the places we had been. At first, Imm did not take much interest till he saw other children painting before him. Then, the little artist emerged and he asked me to accompany him to paint. After that, I could leave him alone as I went off to have my mains.



The dining area was just behind the painting area and I could watch him.


This was what he painted. I realised he loved to paint landscapes of grass and the sky, what we often experience in Cape Town. And probably also the easiest thing to paint. :P


This was the menu, simply appetizing just by looking at it. Like how I always comment, "awesomeness at its peak!"


The breads come in a bag with a variety of spreads.


The children love to eat the bread. Especially for Imm, he ate the bread more than the mains actually, hmm...

Chilled cucumber and fennel soup. We hardly had chilled soups thus this was rather different. It had a slight tinge of nice sourness to it.


Smoked snoek rice dumplings!


Hub and I enjoyed the pork belly and lamb though it was a tad too oily for us and filled us up quickly.


Healthy salad with beetroot!


This was one of my favourites, Pumpkin tart, it was not too sweet, which was perfect for me.


This emulsion was to be poured onto the farm greens. It was wonderful!

Ko shared cream pasta with Imm. She loved it much more than him as he was much more interested in the bread. Look at her happy face!!


The feast in front of us! It was a tad too much but the quality is so good.


Last of all, these were the desserts... the lemon parfait cake...


and plum tart. Frankly, I really like the lemon parfait cake, the taste was just right.. not too sweet nor heavy. Most of the time, I don't finish the desserts as I will be too full and it is usually too sweet and condensed to finish. But I finished this. :)


A view from outside the restaurant.


A view inside the restuarant.


The cellar!


Nice scenic views of the place, I am so loving it!!!!



Imm showing Ko something he found on the ground. He was asking me what it was; I commented maybe it is a fruit of some tree and he opened up and told me it was not a fruit. To him, fruits are the edible squishy juicy things he does not exactly like. :P


A new way of playing chess, somehow it reminded me of Harry Potter story...



Took some shots of the place again before we left. *sob* we will be back again!! :)