Maths Halloween Activities for under 5 Years Old

Thursday, October 29, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

I have been focusing more on Maths activities over the last month and since it is the Halloween season, there are certainly lots of Halloween activities online! Often, it would be a printable pack of various activities for different age groups so I would not print the whole set. I hate to waste paper resources. One such online platform I found recently was Gift of Curiosity. If you sign up as a member, you can download some packs for free. So far I have downloaded Halloween, Fire fighter and Watermelon printable packs.

Some activities for Ko:

1) Sequence activities. 
I would cut out one set with the whole sequence and another set individually. All these are prepared for you in the printable packs so you just have to print and cut them out.

2) Odd one out activities.
I found one set that is suitable for Ko; the difference of the odd one out is very obvious eg :  a totally different colour. Another set would be for Imm, which has subtle difference for the odd one out eg : one of the houses does not have a chimney.

3) Spot the difference activities. Only Imm can do it currently.

4) Matching shadows activity for Ko. Ko really enjoy these activities and can match the shadows well although they are not too obvious.



5) I printed out a picture of a Jack O Lantern and let them experiment with home made playdough. I made simple cards like the ones at the bottom. It is for both of them to follow instructions and create the Jack O Lantern's faces. Some of the combination was rather ridiculous. For Imm, I focused on the addition of the numbers. Eg 2 eyes 2 noses and 2 mouths (2+2+2=6)


And for Ko, well,she just enjoyed making her favorite rabbits and drawing eyes for them. It is more for counting and finger training.




One of the Jack O Lantern faces that Imm did!!:)