Pretend Play - Let us Do Our Part by Recycling!

Thursday, October 15, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

Yay! I have been wanting to do this topic since a few months ago... it was nagging at the back of my mind till Imm had something similar in his "Manners for Minors" class recently. The instructor would send us weekly reports of what they did, which was really interesting, like manners in restaurants, how they would cross road junctions and recently recycling. I thought I would just follow up. First, I made some flashcards on the definition of recycling and why we recycle.

Mainly, we recycle to:

1) Save energy
2) Reduce pollution
3) Reduce landfills
4) Protect wildlife

I just put all in a simplified format for a 4 year old to understand.


Here comes the fun part! I prepared 3 containers and put names above to help Imm to sort out items for recycling. This was easy as I had a small stash of items I wanted to recycle recently.


He was able to put into the various containers.



What was funny was after he was done with my bag of items, he went around the house looking for more things to recycle... he was on a mad spree taking lego, his small box of toys, Ko's small glass container that she was playing with. I had to tell him to stop. I hope he actually understood. Well, time for some real life situations and telling him about it now.



We ended up reading this Peppa Pig book to tie in with the theme. :)


Well, we must always do our part to protect the Earth we live on. And it never hurts to start young. I hope the kids will always consciously remember to do their part in little ways.