Craft #4 Sand Art

Saturday, August 01, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

Finally, a day when I feel more prepared to clean up after them... Actually it was quite ok using the foldable tables from Ikea and also, Ko is older and will not deliberately mess everything up like before. I prepared some newspapers, put the foldable tables above and gave them a picture each; simpler one for Ko. I helped Ko along by removing the sticker, she will press the bottle and then I will ask her to rub the sand over the area. She was really focused on pressing but not on spreading. Time and again, she will go over to Imm side and ask, "kor, can I have the red one?" or "can I have the yellow one?" She does know which is the next color needed and Imm, being the sand keeper, will look at her picture and say ,"ok, you can have it."


Imm really loves these type of art and craft. He only needed a bit of help to remove the paper, he will choose colour, press it out and spread himself. During then, I will "teach" him not to waste any sand and choose another area that needs the same colour.


Ko is super happy with her finished product.



Imm is happier during the process.


Tada!! All in one hour's work, just before Daddy comes home from work!


After which, I poured the sand from the tables to the newspaper and wrap everything up literally. Then I washed the tables. Easy Peasy!