Pretend Play - Shopping at The Supermarket

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 1 Comments A+ a-

I have been wanting to do this simple pretend play at home, simply because ironically I have the real stuff... and the best part about pretend play is that you pretend as little as possible.

This was what I did:

1) Welcome Sign


These few charts of vegetables and fruits, The idea of snacks crossed my mind cos I have lots of it.. which are given but it was a big no no.... cos I was playing it before dinner.. Of cos I like to practise delayed gratification by telling them that they can have it after dinner but there will be a big hoo-ha before that. Then I also added some information about the nutrition value so we can all go "waaa!" and see the broccoli indeed has a lot of vitamins. I have read before that if kids don't eat anything else but broccoli, it is fine as well. So thankfully, both of them like that.


I just had like one box of strawberries but is fine!


Ko was really into it, brought her bear out and started saying "I want carrots, I want bananas.."


While Imm pondered if he had enough money.



He will pick the veg/fruit and then take out the money first.


And I am the cashier! This was my birthday present for Ko.. heehee


And packed into the plastic bag for them.


They started unpacking in their kitchen...



And having a small kitchen with no refrigerator just messes up the whole place!


But who cares? We had fun!! =D

Learning points:
1) Reading charts
2) Nutritional Value
3) Counting money
4) Unpacking
5) You can have fun with the simplest things

Disclaimer: Your fruits and vegetables can be slightly bruised. Cook vegetables thoroughly and eat fruits within the next couple of days.