Tokara Restaurant and Delicatessen

Monday, July 20, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

We managed to explore another cafe at Stellenbosch over the weekend from a mummy facebook group in Cape Town. This place is at Tokara . Actually, we didn't plan on fine dining, not with the kids (well you can hardly enjoy a sip of fine wine before they wanna clamour onto my legs cos they are bored, yes my kids are like that). So I was surprised that there wasn't any play area till I realised that it was at the Tokara cafe area nearby and not at the resturant itself. But the place was too beautiful to miss dining there so we decided to try the food before proceeding to the cafe.

The scenery that day - awestriking! Reminds me of a wallpaper.





I walked around while waiting for the food and the scent of art filled me..







 The huge cellar from the outside..






Some bread!



Ko wanted jam so I asked the waiter hopefully. Surprising, he came with some homemade strawberry jam, ko's favourite! Thumbs up!!



We had some lamb with potato


And pork belly with pommes anna, brocolli, aioli, choizo and pasley olive salsa


We wanted to try dessert but since the kids were getting restless, we went to the delicatessen where there is a play area.




Imm loves this, which looks like a big nest... it is so fairytale like!!



This was the play area. I liked how the structures are made of wood and how they are put together. No defined structures. A bit dangerous but still it seemed so creative.


Imm climbed up himself and it looked like a pretty long slide!!



Vast spaces to run around


Hub and I had some ale..


which the kids eyed at though they have their juice.