Bible Story - Learning time with Daniel in Lion's Den

Saturday, July 11, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

I was searching to introduce the bible story "Daniel in The Lion's Den recently. I felt inspired to share stories from the bible for faith building.

Thus, as I was searching, I came across the story and also of telling time. This was like killing two birds with one stone. I like!!!!!!!!!! Immanuel is not able to tell the time very well yet and I am still racking my brain on how to do it in a systematic way. He might also not be ready.

Earlier on, I made a clock myself because I am not able to find a one that is very clear with numbers here. It is very easy to do, print, laminated the face and needles, make a hole and use a fastener for the needles. Tada! Very fuss free! Since then, I did input hours and half hourly but I am not sure if he gets it. haha..


What I did was, I printed out the story summary in little cards, which is from the link above. I shared the story with him and arrange the cards together.


Then I told him we have to shut the lion's mouths here to help Daniel (just think of your own story) and let us find the matching clocks. I did it in a systematic way by doing the hours first. I told him shut the 2:00 o clock lion's mouth and then used the big clock to show him what 2 o'clock looks like and he finds the same clock diagram.


Then the half hours.


Then the rest of the clocks.




It would be good to do a follow up activity by a more thorough discussion. For example, ask him the characters again, share how God can be with us in difficult moments. I can even make a paper plate activity of doing a lion's head. Or a finger training activity by threading the outline of a lion's mane with Reiko. Just some ideas! :) Sometimes I feel that I wanna do sooooooo much.... I am unable to carry out as much ideas as I want to but it is ok, let us always have fun together!!!!