Pretend Play - Being a Fireman

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

I think I have a kid in me that needs to be fed. To live out my dreams of pretend play cos I never had enough when I was a kid. Hahaha..

I pasted a bowl on a paper plate and painted the plate red. I wanted to get some raffia strings intially to pretend that it is water coming out from a hose. But alas, I cannot find any raffia string here. Thus, I made do by curling some blue strips of paper and stick them to the ends of curled up hard paper.


Then I made the flashcards; another motive was also to input the occupation in Chinese.


Then I made some pictures and ten "fire" to be put out. It was stuck to the picture of the buildings using velcro.


Then Ko pretended to use the water to put out the fire, removing the water one by one. In another way, I also did counting with her.


However, one must be prepared to only spend 5 minutes of your time playing the game and children might not be very interested in playing certain pretend play. Imm wasn't very interested and neither wanted to put on the helmets, oh well...


Learning points: 

1) Fireman is 消防员
2) Water can put out fire
3) Counting from 1-10 for Ko