Baked Eggs with Bacon and Tomato

Saturday, July 25, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

Something healthy, colourful and easy to prepare as I warm up in my drowiness state. That is my requirement for breakfast and this totally fits the bill. Though not a man, I am attracted by visual images, and what could be more appetizing than this? I saw this pic in the mag before but accidentally threw the recipe away, thus I know I needed to find it again online and here it is!
http://recipes.coles.com.au/recipes/1916/baked-eggs-with-bacon-and-tomato/


I have made some adaptions to the recipe and I shall put it in a simpler form. Hub say it is good and finished 3 out of the 4 servings..........................................................

Ingredients:

1) 1 small packet of diced bacon
2) 1 quarter of onion (I used yellow as I did not have red)
3) 6 cherry tomatoes (halved)
4) 6 eggs
5) 1/3 cup of grated mozarella cheese (estimated)
6) 150 g of spinach leaves (estimated)
7) 2 tsp of veg oil

Method:

1) Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Grease 4 ramekins and arrange on baking tray
2) Heat oil on high in pan. Saute bacon and onion for 3-4 mins until onion is tender. 


2) Add tomatoes and cook for a min. Cool.


3) Combine bacon mixture, cheese, spinach and 2 eggs. Add some pepper for seasoning.



4) Divide mixture into 4 ramekins.



5) Break remaining eggs one at a time into small bowl. Carefully slide one egg into each ramekin to cover the mixture. (I tried to break the egg over the mixture but it slided off)
6) Bake for 20-25 min until egg is set. (oops the egg mixture overflowed. Next time I shall use 5 ramekin instead for the mixture or lessen the ingredients)


You can eat with toast.

* you can replace it with ham. Most ingredients are estimated. You can't go wrong with this, which is perfect to make in the mornings. :) Ko ate the egg and Imm like the bacon. Hub and I finished the rest. Perfect meal for all of us.