Baked Eggs with Bacon and Tomato

Saturday, July 25, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

Something healthy, colourful and easy to prepare as I warm up in my drowiness state. That is my requirement for breakfast and this totally fits the bill. Though not a man, I am attracted by visual images, and what could be more appetizing than this? I saw this pic in the mag before but accidentally threw the recipe away, thus I know I needed to find it again online and here it is!
http://recipes.coles.com.au/recipes/1916/baked-eggs-with-bacon-and-tomato/


I have made some adaptions to the recipe and I shall put it in a simpler form. Hub say it is good and finished 3 out of the 4 servings..........................................................

Ingredients:

1) 1 small packet of diced bacon
2) 1 quarter of onion (I used yellow as I did not have red)
3) 6 cherry tomatoes (halved)
4) 6 eggs
5) 1/3 cup of grated mozarella cheese (estimated)
6) 150 g of spinach leaves (estimated)
7) 2 tsp of veg oil

Method:

1) Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Grease 4 ramekins and arrange on baking tray
2) Heat oil on high in pan. Saute bacon and onion for 3-4 mins until onion is tender. 


2) Add tomatoes and cook for a min. Cool.


3) Combine bacon mixture, cheese, spinach and 2 eggs. Add some pepper for seasoning.



4) Divide mixture into 4 ramekins.



5) Break remaining eggs one at a time into small bowl. Carefully slide one egg into each ramekin to cover the mixture. (I tried to break the egg over the mixture but it slided off)
. 
6) Bake for 20-25 min until egg is set. (oops the egg mixture overflowed. Next time I shall use 5 ramekin instead for the mixture or lessen the ingredients)


You can eat with toast.

* you can replace it with ham. Most ingredients are estimated. You can't go wrong with this, which is perfect to make in the mornings. :) Ko ate the egg and Imm like the bacon. Hub and I finished the rest. Perfect meal for all of us.