The Nature Words Part 2

Friday, July 17, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

I was thinking about my second set of "nature" words. It is 星星,月亮,水, 风,草,花.
My target is always FUN FUN FUN.

Since I wanted to do something for National Day as well, I decided, "hey! why not do our flag!"



Perfect way of inputting my nature words. And........... I guess it is even more important because Immanuel has not exactly celebrated National Day. We were in Singapore when he was 2 years old but I just gave birth to Reiko so I wasn't in the mood to do anything much and nothing would be very impressionable. National Day last year was also celebrated in Cape Town. When I showed him a picture of our flag, sometimes he will say it is China flag, while Koko says it is the Hong Kong flag ....hmmm...

So our painting session began... Ko needed help of cos or everything will be red.




After that, I let them paste on the moon and stars which I have prepared earlier. Just paste it over the outline.


Next day, I wanted to input the next 2 words. I was wondering how I should do it and started experimenting with the pipe cleaners. I love how versatile they can be. Initially I wanted to use felt cloth for the flowers but I used it just for the grass. They can pick the flowers out since the stems were inserted in straws.


Ko picking out the flowers!


Writing practice!


We also used this "bead" like paint to make some flowers.


I enjoyed guiding Ko very much. She used to be adverse to paint; I feel she thinks it is dirty and will look at me with a disgusted expression whenever I want her to dip her finger in. Now she just enjoys the creative process. Came a long way ok.. yes!


They turn out pretty nice! Imm can be quite thorough and make sure all the spaces are filled.


My last two words are 风 and 水 so I let them play with bubbles.. say need wind to blow. Initially I did a pinwheel but it was not very successful, I didn't have the proper straw and paper. I just used whatever I had. Probably the paper was too thin and I didn't have time that day to try making another one. But I just showed them. I think pinwheels are beautiful and I hope one day I can make one with 2 colours... and make different coloured combinations... well one day!



Ko just played around cos she can't blow exactly.



Imm can play with all these for a long time. He enjoyed making the bubble water even more soapy. I wanted to let them go outdoors intially but it was raining and very cold (Since it is still winter here)


On the same day, I was also doing the fireman pretend play, thus I also inputted 水. This word can be inputted easily I guess.

You will be surprised at how much these tang poems have these nature words. Imm just happened to take it out of the cupboard yesterday. I read some of the poems that he requested (Actually sometimes I sweat cos my Chinese ain't fantastic and I have to look at the hanyu pinyin and make it sound poetic at the same time, pretty stressful) and I will point out, "see! we just learnt this word!! What is it??" And he does remember most of them. 


Have loads of fun no matter how you input!! :)  Hope you can share your ideas with me too!!